FBI denies Alec Baldwin shooting for ‘Rust’: report

A new FBI report refutes Alec Baldwin’s account on the fatal shooting on the set of “Rust” last year.

The actor said he didn’t pull the trigger, but the Fed found that the old-school weapon, a .45 Colt single-action revolver, could not be fired Without anyone pulling the trigger, ABC News reported Friday.

According to ABC News, investigators found that accidental discharge was impossible in the quarter-cock, half-cock and full-cock hammer positions.

According to ABC, FBI investigators wrote, the gun “could not fire without pulling the trigger while the working internal components were intact and functional.”

Baldwin, 64, said he picked up the hammer but never pulled the trigger on the gun, before a single shot was fired that killed cinematographer Halina Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza at Bonanza Creek Ranch near Santa Fe, NM. Was on the western set.

“The trigger wasn’t pulled. I didn’t pull the trigger,” Baldwin Said in a December 2021 ABC News interview, two months after shooting October 21. “I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger on them, never.”

The investigation into the shooting is still underway. No charges have been filed yet, but New Mexico officials is stressed that the investigation is ongoing.

Baldwin has consistently argued that it is not his fault and that whoever brought a loaded gun with live ammunition onto the set is the primary culprit.

“Someone is responsible for what happened,” he said in an ABC interview. “And I can’t say who he is, but I know it’s not me.”

Leave a Comment